Phase One has just issued a second service release its for Capture One RAW workflow software. Release 6.1.1 addresses a few minor bugs and adds additional camera support.
In particular, the following issues are addressed:
- Fixed an issue where ICC files from older versions of Capture One could not be used.
- Improved OpenCL performance and stability in some situations.
- Improved Image Quality for Leica D-Lux5, Panasonic DMC-LX5, Canon 5D Mark II and Pentax K-5, K-r and Olympus E-5.
- Fixed a few issues related to Capture Pilot.
In addition the release contains fixes for a number of other issues.
- Leaf Aptus-II 12 SensorFlex 1:1, 2:3 and 3:4 modes
- Leaf Aptus-II 12R and AFi-II 12
- Olympus E-PL2 and XZ-1
You can learn more about the new release at: Phase One.
UPDATE 02/15/2011: I’m currently running the first service release, v6.1, and have had few problems. I’m running an older system, but have had no crashes or out of memory errors that other users have reported. Performance is mixed: File processing seems quite good, while thumbnail and preview generation seems a bit slower than with version 5.x. Other users on the Phase One forums have reported performance issues, crashes, memory errors and problems with OpenCL, both for revision 6.1 and the latest, v6.1.1.
I tend to remain at least one release behind until I weigh the problems that others are reporting and based on what I’m seeing will probably hold out on updating until at least the next service release.
My basic system specs:
Q6600 @ 3.3 Ghz
DFI LanParty P35-T2R Mobo
8800 GTX 768MB
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit